About Meaghan Murphy
Meaghan Murphy, an associate with Meland Russin & Budwick, focuses her practice on commercial litigation and bankruptcy.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Murphy worked as an associate at Liebler, Gonzalez & Portuondo, where she handled commercial litigation matters on behalf of some of the nation’s largest lenders.Ms. Murphy also previously worked as an associate at a Coral Gables insurance defense firm, where she was involved in all aspects of insurance defense litigation, primarily in relation to third-party bodily injury and first-party property damage claims.
While in law school,Ms. Murphy worked as a legal intern for the Bankruptcy Assistance Clinic, where she assisted in representing pro bono clients throughout all phases of bankruptcy, from filing to discharge. She also was a legal intern and supervising fellow for the Health & Elder Law Clinic, where she helped represent indigent individuals with major health issues, primarily HIV and AIDS, with immigration, Social Security, and public benefits matters.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D., 2012, magna cum laude
- Dean’s List
- Order of the Coif
- Psychology, Public Policy & Law Journal, Managing Editor (2011-2012)
- University of Idaho, B.S., 2008
- Co-Author: “An Unlimited Reach-Back Period When IRS Is Triggering Creditor?” American Bankruptcy Institute, January 2017.
- Southern District of Florida